What's of interest in the area :
- Anglo Boer War history abounds in Bethulie, as it was the first Free State village to fall to the English in 1900 and became the site of one of the largest concentration camps of that time.
Tours can be arranged.
- The Hennie-Steyn bridge is the longest road/rail bridge in Southern Africa - It's a great place to stop and have a sundowner as you look down at the Orange River as it flows into Gariep Dam.
- Bethulie dam is a good place to fish or kayak and is in pleasant walking distance (particularly with dogs)!
- You can go cycling . . .
- Play a 9-hole round of golf or a game of lawn bowls.
- Take a drive to Gariep Dam for a boat trip or dam-wall tour.
- You could visit any one of the three nature reserves which are in close proximity.
- An arrangement could me made to see the phenomenal book & record collection at the now private, Royal Hotel.
- A classical piano recital is also an option for small groups.
- Have a massage @ PitchUp SA.
- Simply unwind and chill-out under the beautiful star-filled night sky.